TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 is the best-known professional MPEG encoder in the market. Suitable for both professionals and novices, produces MPEG files that you can later author and burn to DVD or CD (either as VCD or S-VCD). Its Project Wizard will easily guide you through all the steps needed to create your MPEG files, while its flexible editing tools and settings will allow professionals to enhance, merge, split, de- and multiplex any MPEG file.
The Project Wizard is the fastest way of getting from your AVI, JPG, BMP or MPG file to an MPEG file that you can later burn to disc and watch on your TV. You just need to follow the instructions given in its 5-step self-explanatory screens. TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 supports DVD, Video-CD and Super Video-CD, for both NTSC and PAL. Select your preferred format, the source file, name of the output file and let the program do all the work. If you wish, you may also change some of the basic settings while using the Project Wizard to improve the outputted file.
Originally designed for professionals, TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 includes a large collection of tools and settings for the best results:
- Simple and Advanced De-Multiplexing and Multiplexing functions to separate your MPEG file into its two components – audio and video.
- Merge and Split functionality, to select parts of a video file or to join smaller files together.
- Define the parameters of constant and variable bit rates to better meet your preferences.
- Enhance the picture quality by reducing ghosts, noise or correcting basic colour imperfections.
- Manipulate the GOP structure and decide on the picture type yourself. This will help you to insert “I” pictures wherever you want a scene change.
- Change the quantize matrix of the MPEG encoding, defining how the different picture types (“I”, “P” and “B”) will be encoded.
You can preview the results at any time, and you can also use the batch function to queue all your projects and let TMPGEnc encode your files all in one go.
TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 remains the best-known MPEG encoder in the market, complex and flexible for the video professional, simple and easy to use for the inexperienced user.
- Easy-to-follow instructions for simple MPEG encoding
- Lack of burning functionalities